On September 12, 2107, the Sandoval County Planning and Zoning Commission (P&Z) voted (3-2) to recommend an ordinance regulating oil and gas drilling to the Sandoval County Commission. They also voted to attach a memorandum containing some information that was presented by citizens at the meeting for consideration.
ES-CA is disappointed in this vote and continues to believe that the proposed ordinance is very weak. ES-CA supports the citizen ordinance in full.
The County Commission is scheduled to meet on Thursday, September 21, at 6pm at the County Administration Building. An agenda has not yet been posted, but it is expected that the Commission will discuss and possibly vote on this matter.
It is important that residents express their views on this matter directly to the County Commissioners. Copies of the draft ordinance (there were some changes made at the meeting) and the citizens ordinance are posted on the P & Z website. In addition, a previous post on the ES-CA Forum outlines our concerns.
- SANDOVAL COUNTY PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION RECOMMENDS OIL AND GAS ORDINANCE
- COMMENTS TO THE SANDOVAL COUNTY ZONING AND PLANNING COMMISSION CONCERNING THE PROPOSED OIL AND GAS DRILLING ORDINANCE
- Vulcan Mining Settlement Approved
- Gravel Lawsuit Settlement Agreement Posted
- ES-CA LPT Shares Settlement Details at Town Meeting